The Inspire Sleep Apnea Innovation treats the root cause of sleep apnea by applying gentle stimulation to key airway muscles during sleep, allowing you to breathe normally, and more importantly, sleep without a mask, hose, or machine. While you sleep, Inspire monitors every breath you take. Based on your breathing patterns, the system delivers mild stimulation to key airway muscles, allowing the airway to remain open during sleep. Inspire is fully implanted and consists of a breathing sensor lead and a stimulation lead, powered by a small battery. Using the handheld Inspire remote, simply turn the therapy on before bed and off when you wake up.
Learn how easy it is to incorporate the Inspire treatment into your life. Contact us at 803.736.3277 to schedule an appointment for an evaluation.
Inspire Treatment Services
The Inspire obstructive sleep apnea device is implanted inside the body and works with a patient’s natural breathing process. The device is controlled by a small handheld remote that allows you to turn the device on before bed and off when you wake up. Patients can increase or decrease the stimulation strength and pause the device during the night if needed.
The Inspire system is placed under the skin of the neck and chest during a short, outpatient procedure. When you are ready for bed, simply click the remote to turn Inspire on. While you sleep, Inspire opens your airway, allowing you to breathe normally and sleep peacefully.
Most patients return home the same day and can resume non-strenuous activities within a few days or as directed by your doctor.
Inspire is covered by most major insurance providers, including Medicare. Depending on your provider, insurance approval can take a few days or a few weeks.
A significant decrease in snoring has been found as a secondary effect of Inspire. 90% of bed partners report no or soft snoring by their partner.
- Inspire allows you and your partner to get quiet, restful sleep without the noise of a CPAP.
- Travel lightly and sleep anywhere, with just the click of a button. Inspire lets you sleep without a mask or hose. It works inside the body and is simply turned on and off with a press of a button.
- A small remote that fits easily on your nightstand. The remote fits in the palm of your hand and only requires 2 AAA batteries.
You might be a candidate for Inspire treatment if:
- you have moderate to severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- you are unable to use or get consistent benefit from CPAP
- you are not significantly overweight
- you are aged 18 or over
During an examination, your doctor will also evaluate your overall health status and perform a physical examination of your airway to determine if Inspire treatment might be a suitable CPAP alternative for you.