Welcome to SCENT. We know your time is valuable. To help expedite your appointment and ensure we provide you with the best possible service, please follow these instructions for your first visit to our office:
- Check with your insurance company to find out if you need a referral to be seen by one of our ENT specialists.
- Download the New Patient Forms and complete any that you need for your first appointment.
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment. This will allow plenty of time to fill out the New Patient Form (if you haven’t already done so), and for us to collect your insurance or payment information.
- Bring your insurance card and a form of identification, such as your driver’s license. We will make a copy of both for our files.
- Many insurance companies require that you pay a co-payment for each office visit. That applies to office visits with a specialist such as our ENT physicians. Be prepared to pay your co-pay prior to seeing the physician. We are required by your insurance company to collect the co-pay.
- Bring along a list of any medications you take, whether they are prescription or over-the-counter medication or herbal remedies. Please include the dosage and medication schedule for any prescription drugs.
- Ask your referring physician to provide a summary of your medical condition to bring to your appointment or provide a list yourself. We will go over your medical history with you so this will help make the process go faster and help ensure we don’t miss anything.
- Feel free to bring in a written list of symptoms you are experiencing or any questions you may have for the ENT physician.
- If you have had a CT scan, MRI, sleep study or other tests done as a result of your current medical symptoms, bring those written test results and films with you.
If you have any questions prior to your appointment, give us a call. We look forward to seeing you.